Saturday, July 3, 2010

Finally, I have a treatment plan

Friday 7/3 I spent 4.5 hours at Huntsman Cancer Institute. Again, by way of miracles and angels, I landed in the hands of Dr.Ward, MD Oncologist (psst! he's Chief of Oncology at HCI-  lucky me!). I met my team of medical caregivers and was entirely impressed.  A blood draw, chest x-ray, & tour of the chemo"suite" were part of my adventures at HCI. At the end of the day I felt completely assured I am in the right place and in the hands of gifted men and women who are blessed in the field of medicine. I will undergo 4 rounds of "A/C"* chemo every two weeks and then 4 rounds of "T"* every two weeks for a total of 8 chemo treatments. There is question of Radiation because my sentinel lymph node was full of cancer. My cancer will be presented to the breast cancer tumor board next Thursday morning where a team of a professionals including oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, nurses etc will review and decide if radiation would be necessary. (please pray its NO).

My calendar looks like this.....

7/6 Tues: First day back to school**
7/9 Friday: Echocardiogram
7/13 Tues: First infusion day
7/14 Wed: Injection day
7/27 Tues: Expecting the start of hair loss
as well as 2nd round of chemo
7/28 Wed: Injection day



*Chemotherapy Drugs
Adriamycin
Cytoxan
Taxol

**For those of you that don't know I am going to school to become a Masters Esthetician, I'll share more later. Had to take a LOA for obvious reasons

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that Andrew and I are cheering you on, fasting for you tomorrow and following your journey. Pretty much we're considering naming our baby girl Wendy because we think you're so awesome. It sounds like you are in the best of hands and surrounded by so much support. Go Team Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy...If it is Dr. John Ward, YOU ARE IN THE BEST HANDS POSSIBLE! I know there are many capable doctors out there, but John is fabulous! We were in the same ward for awhile, now in the stake. I am so happy to hear he is your doctor! Wonderful man, great family. You are in our prayers, DAILY! We love you and your fam!
    oxox,
    Kim and Scott Winegar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Wendy....been following your journey and keeping you in my prayers...I think of you daily and know that you are courageous, strong and a fighter...you WILL make it thru this....and you will learn so much from all you go thru...sometimes at the time we don't understand the why, where or what of all of this, but having been thru some pretty hard lessons in life, I can tell you that the gifts Heavenly Father gives you from this will be way more than you think...love you so much, sister of mine...hang in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Wendy: So sorry to hear of your diagnosis of breast cancer. What a life changing event. Our prayers will be with you and your family. I'm sure your Mother and Father are very worried and concerned, but I know they will be there 100% to help you through this. As will your siblings, extended family and friends. Thank you for sending the blog to Jason. It sounds like you have a wonderful medical team who will take good care of you. Angels will be with you. Take care and keep us posted. Ron and Charlene Hansen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails